COVID-19 vaccine event scheduled for Jan. 23, 2021 in Okmulgee
OKMULGEE — The Muscogee (Creek) Nation Department of Health (MCNDH) announced today that it will host a drive-through patient vaccination event in Okmulgee on Jan. 23, 2021 at the Okmulgee Medical Center.
Appointments will be offered to current MCNDH patients who are 65 years and older and who register through the vaccine information line at (918) 758-3601. The health system plans to deliver 300 first doses of the Pfizer vaccine at the event.
“This event will allow us to vaccinate a large number of patients, delivering on our commitment to ensure that these life-saving vaccines reach our patients as the doses become available,” Shawn Terry, Secretary of Health for the Muscogee (Creek) Nation Department of Health.
Patients interested in registering should call to sign up by Thursday, January 21 at 5 p.m. Appointments will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
What: Muscogee (Creek) Nation Department of Health, Patient Vaccination Event
Where: Drive-through at Okmulgee Medical Center, 1212 S. Belmont
When: Saturday, January 23, 2021 starting at 8 a.m. by appointment only
Who: MCNDH patients 65 years and older
How to sign-up:
- Call the vaccine information line (918) 758-3601.
- Carefully follow the prompts to sign-up.
- Listen for the sign-up option (#2) and then select ‘Okmulgee Clinic’ by pressing 1.
- Leave your first/last name, date of birth, best call back phone number, and state you want to schedule for the ‘Okmulgee Vaccine Clinic on Saturday, January 23, 2021’.
- Please only leave one message. Your information will be logged in the order it was received and you will be contacted with an appointment time.
To-date, MCNDH has administered 5,957 Pfizer and Moderna vaccines (first and second doses) and conducted 32,434 COVID-19 tests. More information about the Tribe’s COVID-19 response is available at www.creekhealth.org/covid.